cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220 and DHCP option 150

SJThompsonENGL
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure DHCP option 150 on the RV220?  I have a Cisco 7940 IP phone that is trying to connect back to my office. The VPN is up and I can ping the relevant server but I can't see any way to configure the DHCP option.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

5 Replies 5

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Steve,

Unfortunately the RV220W does not support option 150.

Hi Robert,

What is the Advanced DHCP page configuration supposed to do? It would seem that the CIsco phone should work with option 66 but when I configure the advanced options and enter my TFTP server it does not appear to get used.

Thanks

Hello Steve,

The Advanced DHCP page should allow option 66. This would have to be supported on the phone as well. Unfortunately I do not know the 7940 IP phones very well so I can not say how this would be set.

On the router you would enabled it and provide the IP of the tftp server.

Hi Robert,

The phone is supposed to support option 66 but it doesn't seem to be receiving it.

Is there any way to see the DHCP request/response? Debug logging?

Thanks

Steve

Yes! There is a packet capture feature on the RV220W which will allow you to capture this.

Administration > Diagnostics > Capture Packets

These  packet captures can be opened and viewed in Wireshark or any other tool  that can view .pcap. With this data you should see the DHCP request and  response containing the DHCP option with the server IP.

If you have any trouble with this, please feel free to contact us at the SBSC. Here is a link for contact!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: