cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W dropping internet while on the wireless side but internet remains while wired

jscottips2010
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone who can help me figure out why this might be happening?  If it means my router is bad so be it but I am trying to figure out why it connects wirelessly, then after a few minutes it drops outside internet capability but you are still connected to the wireless.

Any help or comment would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "Small Business routers". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

Thanks just moved it... Any help though?

Hello John,

Does your wireless network use any different settings from your wired network such as a different VLAN, DHCP pool, and such? If so, a firewall setting might be blocking Internet access to the wireless group of addresses.

If this does not work, give me a little more information about your configuration.

Alex

Thank you for responding.  No it doesn't have any different settings.  I have my internet directly connect to this router.  I checked my firewall settings and there are none configured.   It is just pretty basic setup on this particular device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: