Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W no internet access

PedroGrave
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been trying for quite long to have my network clients to connect to internet, although my RV220W sees and validates WAN, I cannot get any traffic from WAN to LAN and vice-versa. I've a rule enabling ALL WAN/LAN traffic, which isn't happening at all and is the main reason for this support question.

My setup has an ADSL modem/router, which serves the WAN port of the RV220W router. Clients are then connected to the RV220W and managed by it, or should be, as I had to connect the old router. I now have a beautiful brick with the CISCO logo, sitting on my desk.

Firmware version is latest available, problem still remains. For what I've seen this is not an isolated issue, but a known problem/bug. I'm very disappointed with this CISCO product, as I think that it's not up to the CISCO standards of quality. Always had other routers, home routers from mid/low end brands, which worked under the same configuration.

This is our first CISCO product and it was supposed to bring our network a notch up in quality and reliability, which, as you probably figured out by now, hasn't happened at all.

Thanks in advance for any help

Pedro Grave

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Pedro,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I apologize for the inconveniences you are having with the RV220.  I am not quite sure what do you mean by "the router sees and validates WAN" but I would anyways suggest you to first check on the WAN configuration based on the ADSL modem in front of the router.  If the RV220 is not negotiating the PPPoE connection then you need to set the WAN port to "automatically configuration"  from the NETWORKING>WAN>IPv4 menu, or if there is a check mark on "ISP requires log in" uncheck it.

If the PPPoE negotiation must be done by the RV220 because the ADSL is in bridge mode, please refer to chapter 2 in the admin guide for details;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv220w/administration/guide/rv220w_ag_78-19743.pdf

If the STATUS>SYSTEM SUMMARY shows the WAN information>Connection Status "connected", that means the problem is with the LAN settings; please refer to page 22, chapter 2 on the same admin guide for guidelines.

There are a few other things to try, like to use the MAC address of your PC on the router for the WAN connection and/or change the MTU size value, but I suggest you, in order to have a prompt solution, to contact the Small Business Support Center where I am sure one of the TAC engineers is going to to diagnose and resolve this problem right away.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything else I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for your prompt reply and concern about my issues with the RV220W.

The STATUS>SYSTEM SUMMARY page shows the WAN information>Connection Status as "connected" (and this is what I was trying to mean about WAN validated, sorry).

According to your suggestions and the admin guide I've been looking to and changing LAN parameters, but to no positive results, I still don't have internet access on this router LAN clients.

If is there any other suggestions you can give, please do. If I can help you to help me, by sending print screens or logs from the router, please tell me, I'll be glad to provide.

Thanks in advance

Pedro Grave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: