cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Radius over site-to-site vpn tunnel

superapple
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I have a site to site VPN tunnel configured between a rv220w and rv180. Everything works fine going from site to site on LAN connections. I'm now trying to tie in the remote site wireless (rv220w side) by pointing radius to my ACS server which is on the other side of the site-to-site tunnel but it seems as though it doesnt route across the site to site tunnel. If i put a radius server on the local lan on the remote site that authentication works fine. I have confirmed there are no ACL problems.

Perhaps I'm missing something simple? Is the RV220W capable of using a radius server across the vpn tunnel?

1 Reply 1

I'm currently running into this exact issue. I've done quite a bit of testing and from what I've found it looks like traffic generated from the router itself won't utilize the VPN tunnel. I think this is a by-product of how the router handles the VPN and it's remote networks. If you check the route tables you'll notice there aren't any routes for your remote networks. Also, if you attempt to add a static route you'll find that the interface requires a gateway IP for all static entries, and requires the gateway to live in a localy connected network.

Hope you get an answer. I'll let you know if I find anything myself.