cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W - The same error in the logs

panos.asproulis
Level 1
Level 1

On a RV220W (1.0.3.5) I keep seeing the following error in the logs multiple times:

[Kernel][KERNEL] ERROR:endChantRecv: protocol PNAC returned !OK

Does anyone know what this error is all about and how to fix it?

6 Replies 6

doug_counsil
Level 1
Level 1

Bump.

We receive those errors all the time.  I do not have a clue what they mean or how to prevent them.

nlabern
Level 1
Level 1

Getting the same messages in my log too.  Syslog output to be exact.

KERNEL  [Kernel] ERROR:endChantRecv: protocol PNAC returned !OK

Pretty much every hour.  I dont think there are any symptoms from it but it's kind of annoying.. Brand new router, latest firmware.  It probably shouldn't be throwing errors like this.  I have opened up a case with Cisco and it's being escalated to 2nd level support.  Will post back my findings.

Neal.

abudef000
Level 1
Level 1

Same error with RV120W fw 1.0.2.6

I am getting these as well, and when I do, I get request timed out at the same time on my pings. this router keeps dropping my connection?

I've contacted Cisco support. See this thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2114705?tstart=0

-Henry

Our RV220W was dropping packets as well (including ipv6 packets).

I spent too much time troubleshooting the dropped packets, as well as, trying to keep UPnP working.  For now the RV220W is in my drawer and we're using our trusty SA540.  I'll get it back out after the next firmware release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: