cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W VLAN configuration

david-archer
Level 1
Level 1

First up, I'm new to this level of configuration, as in VLAN setup, so forbearance please for simplistic questions.

The network consists of an RV220W at firmware version 1.0.3.5 and two unmanaged Netgear 10/100 switches.

I want to configure the wired network into 2 VLANS - one for the office, one for guests providing only Internet access. Earlier versions of the firmware depict a simple port-to-VLAN assignment: create a VLAN, assign it directly to one of the 4 switch ports, e.g. VLAN 1000 is assigned to sw pt 4; but the current firmware doesn't appear to work this way.

The impression I'm getting from recent forum posts is suggesting to me that I would require a managed switch, and assign switch port routing through tagging. I'm hoping this isn't the case.

Thanks for any advice!

1 Reply 1

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi David,

Thank you for posting. At Networking-> LAN-> VLAN Membership, click Add Row. Enter VLAN ID 1000, enter a description for the VLAN, leave Inter VLAN Routing unchecked. Leave Device Management unchecked if this is the Guest network. On Port 4, select "Untagged" from the dropdown. Save settings and you will have a guest network. You may also want to go to Multiple VLAN Subnets and create a new subnet for VLAN 1000. A managed switch is not required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: