cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W VLAN Question

unthrilled
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to share a printer between VLANs on different subnets.  Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

I have pictures of my configuration below.  I am using firmware version 1.0.4.17.

The printer is on VLAN #1.  VLAN #s 5 and 10 are wireless.  I want to share the printer with clients PCs on VLAN #5.  I have heard that static routes are needed, but I'm not sure how to set that up.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

unthrilled,

Your current settings should work. All that is needed is Inter VLAN Routing between the VLANs. Can you ping the printer or any other device in VLAN 1 from a VLAN 5 device?

Note that there is no broadcast traffic allowed between VLANs, so if you are searching for a printer you will not find it. You will need to add it manually by IP address if it is on a different VLAN.

- Marty

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

unthrilled
Level 1
Level 1

Images attached.

anmayfie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have posted a link to an article about configuring VLANs on the RV220W below. Hopefully this will help you solve your problem with your printer.

Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) Setup and Configuration on RV120W and RV220W

Thanks,

Andrew Mayfield

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

unthrilled,

Your current settings should work. All that is needed is Inter VLAN Routing between the VLANs. Can you ping the printer or any other device in VLAN 1 from a VLAN 5 device?

Note that there is no broadcast traffic allowed between VLANs, so if you are searching for a printer you will not find it. You will need to add it manually by IP address if it is on a different VLAN.

- Marty

Turns out it was trying to resolve the host name of the printer.  As soon as I put the IP address in, it worked as expected.  Thanks to everyone for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: