Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W VPN Saga

Hello!

I'd like to enable client to router VPN connections. I have a question how to make any sucessful VPN  connection to RV220W. From all the tests I made only SSL VPN on Windows XP x86 client machine was working.

For IPSec VPN I always receive this message: [rv220w][IKE] ERROR:  Could not find configuration for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX[500]. I tried with windows and shrewsoft vpn client.

Can't make SSL VPN to work in Windows 7 x64 client because the drivers are not digitally signed. It only works in Windows XP x86 but this is not acceptable. I need universal solution for win clients.

I also need working solution for Android Phone?

Any suggestion and help would be welcome.

Router firmware 1.0.3.5.

I also tried this step by step guide. No go.

Kind regards.

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

HI,

“For IPSec VPN I always receive this message: [rv220w][IKE] ERROR:  Could not find configuration for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX[500]. I tried with windows and shrewsoft vpn client.”

This error messages basically shows us that our router seen a connection but could not find a configuration matching the ip address that it received. So no connection will be established. When dealing with IPSec both sides has to match exactly.

“Can't make SSL VPN to work in Windows 7 x 64 clients because the drivers are not digitally signed. It only works in Windows XP x86 but this is not acceptable. I need universal solution for win clients. “

Generally this is pc related and not router related- but java have broken windows7 from making a connection but work around is to install Microsoft C++ 2005 64bit this allowed my windows 7 machine to connect. I have never seen the error you’re getting before and would call Microsoft for a resolution on that problem.

Android phone just isn’t going to work- I have tried and failed, received some information that this can only be done with the enterprise units as of now

Suggestions would be to use PPTP as a work around if you haven't tried that all ready!! Least secure but usually connects every time.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Hi.

Thank for the help but I'm still working on the issues.

With IPSec for VPN I'm still at the same point. Receiving this error with all possible configurations. I also followed one guide from cisco for shrewsoft client but isn't working.

With SSL VPN I make a sucessful connection from Windows XP, but on Windows 7 x64 isn't working. I'm receiving that drivers aren't digitaly signed.

PPTP works OK.

Kind regards

Primoz