cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W wireless access management

Daniel Ernwein
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to disable the management of the router from a wireless connection? My point is that anyone (being a wireless user or someone else) could hack the password from outside the building and modify the router settings through a wireless connection. I know that the lower Linksys range provides this feature, but I can't find it for the RV220W. I actually want to make sure that only an Ethernet device can manage the router. That will add to the security as I currently have full control on those PCs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Daniel,

The RV220W does not have a feature to block web administration for wireless users as some of our legacy products did. Please be sure to use a strong password.

Edit: You can add a second VLAN for wireless users and disable Device Management under VLAN Membership Table.

- Marty

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Daniel,

The RV220W does not have a feature to block web administration for wireless users as some of our legacy products did. Please be sure to use a strong password.

Edit: You can add a second VLAN for wireless users and disable Device Management under VLAN Membership Table.

- Marty

Thanks Marty... It would be great to add this feature in a future firmware relase...

Daniel