Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RV220W wireless access management

Is there any way to disable the management of the router from a wireless connection? My point is that anyone (being a wireless user or someone else) could hack the password from outside the building and modify the router settings through a wireless connection. I know that the lower Linksys range provides this feature, but I can't find it for the RV220W. I actually want to make sure that only an Ethernet device can manage the router. That will add to the security as I currently have full control on those PCs.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: RV220W wireless access management

Daniel,

The RV220W does not have a feature to block web administration for wireless users as some of our legacy products did. Please be sure to use a strong password.

Edit: You can add a second VLAN for wireless users and disable Device Management under VLAN Membership Table.

- Marty

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: RV220W wireless access management

Daniel,

The RV220W does not have a feature to block web administration for wireless users as some of our legacy products did. Please be sure to use a strong password.

Edit: You can add a second VLAN for wireless users and disable Device Management under VLAN Membership Table.

- Marty

RV220W wireless access management

Thanks Marty... It would be great to add this feature in a future firmware relase...

Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies