Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 advanced routing question

verybyteits
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have an RV320 (v1.1.0.09 (2013-07-04, 13:28:17) as a gateway (IP: 192.168.190.3) and a Sonicwall TZ210 (IP: 192.168.190.229) as an other "gateway".

I'm using the RV for default network connections as default gateway.

I'm using the Sonicwall for IPSec site-to-site VPN's to our partners.

I have made 18 advanced routing rules in RV for correct trafic routing to Sonicwall.

When I connect to our partners network, the connection has built fine, but after 20-30 seconds the connection drops.

I have used a simple TP-Link TL-R600VPN before the RV and it worked fine. (The reason of the cange was the advanced routing number limitation /16/ in the TP-Link.)

Have anyone any idea about this?

5 Replies 5

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

What were the rules in the TP link and what are they now in the rv320?  It may be that what you're trying to do is done differently in the rv.    

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Hi,

sorry, I was ill in last two days.

So, the rules are the same.

They are simple advanced routing rules.

My local subnet: 192.168.190.0/255.255.255.0

My RV (as gateway): 192.168.190.3

My Sonicwall: 192.168.190.229

Destination: 172.29.191.0/255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.190.229

Interface: LAN

Max hops: 15

I have set back the TP-Link until this issue is not fixed, and it is working fine.

I know, that the tp-link is a more simple device.

But I need help, what should I have to setup in RV to get working.

The connection started from my network to the partnersnetwork built up fine, but drops after some seconds. Maybe some rules on RV drops this connection.

Have anyone tried a similar network infrastructure?

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Is the connection dropping on the sonicwall (VPN device)?  Or does the rv320 stop seeing the network altogether?

The connection is working between the sonicwall and the other party. It is an IPSec VPN connection, and sonicwall shows me that this connection is alive.

I think the routing to the partners network stops working on RV320.

As I have mentioned, I have changed back to the TP-Link (without any modification on Sonicwall), and everything is working fine, but I have to use the RV, because of the limited number of available advanced routes on TP-Link.

I think there is some misconfiguration on the RV.

I have not set any specific rules on RV except the added advanced routes.

Quite strange.  I'm assuming you have the rv in router modem, but if not, try changing that.

The other things I can think of is to disable the firewall and make sure vpn passthrough is enabled, even though it shouldn't matter since you're not doing vpn through the rv.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: