Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

rv320 connection drop with single WAN

Hi Cisco support team and all,

I have a problem using the Cisco RV320 to replace a consumer router for simple internet sharing usage in my company.

The problem is after all set the router work just fine on internet. After a day or two, the internet connection is lost. Intranet works fine, I can ping the computers in intranet and ping the RV320 internal IP. ping outside world is failed.

Our ISP provide a cable modem and a router linksys WRT54GS. The ISP provide 5 fixed IP, and I just use the RV320 to get one of the IP (static IP setting) for internet sharing.

Firmware is the most updated 1.1.1.06

Only 1 WAN is connected. I set to smart link backup mode.

In WAN 1 interface setting, it is a static IP setting, I tried to enable or disable "Enable Network service detection" but both get the same problem. When enabled I tried to check more options like ping 8.8.8.8 or google.com. 

In WAN 2 I have disabled the "Network service detection". I also have disabled the WAN 2 service in "Port Management"

I was frustrated as I assume this is just a drop in replacement with the previous consumer router. Please help or anybody experience the same issue?

Thanks,

YP

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content