Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV320 Dynamic DNS failing

I have an RV320 I am testing in order to determine if it's suitable for use in the company I work for.  We have several remote offices, and will be using IPSEC tunnels, VPN for IT troubleshooting and other features.

Dynamic DNS is returning

"Authorization failed(username or password)." error, although I think it's properly configured and works on

error, although I think it's properly configured and works on other firewall/router units.  I have reentered the user, password and domain several times, each time it returns the same error.

Can anyone provide insight into the problem?

I also notice the options do not seem to include any way to use a Custom DNS, that is instead of xxx.dyndns.org it would be myhost.TLD.  We have a bunch of xxx.dyndns.org, but do have a few myhost.tld.  I hope this is something that could be fixed.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Hi Jeff,

I think that the issue is that the PW is too long. I recall a case a while back where a customer had a passord over 20 characters and he had to shorten it. My recollection is not great, but I think that 18 was the limit. A feature request was made to lengthen the password field but no change was made due to hardware or maybe OS limitation. I think that the router was the RV042, which has similar code to the RV320. Sorry I can't be more specific. I would try changing the password at least temporarily to see if it works.

If you would like to make a feature request, please call support and open a case.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

7 REPLIES

Forgot to mention, using the latest firmware.

Same problem here:

I tried to set a simple password on dyndns.org to avoid possible special characters problems, but it still didn't work.

Latest firmware is installed.

Dear Cisco Team, any idea?

I was having the same issue, does your password have any special characters?  When I updated my used to a password that was just alpha numeric DynDNS updating worked.

Re: RV320 Dynamic DNS failing

Dyndns is working for me. I am using a trial account at DynDNS -- it might have more features than the basic one. My dyndns password uses no special characters. [PID VID: RV320 V01   Firmware Version: v1.1.1.06 (2013-12-06, 11:02:37)]

Cisco,

Orig. post Sept. of last year.  Come on Cisco, a reply would be nice.  Issue isn't listed in any release notes as far as I can tell. 

Dyn password is 21 characters, alpha only.  Changing the password isn't the option I want to hear, that would involve changing many, many other devices.

Cisco, please address this issue and respond via this forum.

Jeff

Gold

Hi Jeff,

I think that the issue is that the PW is too long. I recall a case a while back where a customer had a passord over 20 characters and he had to shorten it. My recollection is not great, but I think that 18 was the limit. A feature request was made to lengthen the password field but no change was made due to hardware or maybe OS limitation. I think that the router was the RV042, which has similar code to the RV320. Sorry I can't be more specific. I would try changing the password at least temporarily to see if it works.

If you would like to make a feature request, please call support and open a case.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Cisco Employee

Hello,Yes, Marty is right but

Hello,

Yes, Marty is right but the lenght of the password should be no more than 15 characters

Mihail

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content