cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 firmware 1.3.1.10 - NO RELEASE NOTES???

aforster.home
Level 1
Level 1

I just noticed Cisco released version 1.3.1.10 for rv320 and rv325, but the release notes and open source documentation ARE NOT in the Release Notes page at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/products-release-notes-list.html

Could someone please take a look?  How come we would upgrade the device without any documentation about this new release?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco team are dead like their damned firmware.

View solution in original post

63 Replies 63

The release Notes for Cisco RV320/RV325 Routers FW Ver. 1.3.1.10 have been uploaded to the server they just haven't been added to the list of release notes.

You can find the releasenotes here:
Release Notes for Cisco RV320/RV325 Routers Firmware Version 1.3.1.10

For some reason, they pulled back that release. Do you know something about it?

That's weird.

I didn't know until I saw your comment. It might be because of a bug, but in that case, all other versions should also be pulled back.. LOL

Im running this code and it is much more stable than 1.2.1.14 for sure. Not sure if it has any vulnerability that forced them to pull it back. If that's the case, they should have released a security warning about it to let people know they should move back to 1.2.1.14.

Now I'm worried.

No news from cisco about firmware 1.3.1.10?! I just disappears...

I upgraded RV320 from 1.2.1.14 to 1.3.1.10 because Cisco router randomly rebooted (Easy VPN connections). But at 1.3.1.10 more than 2 clients can`t connect through Easy VPN. Looking as a nightmare. I downgraded to 1.2.1.14 and Cisco rebooted again 1-3 times per daynight.

Dear Cisco Support! Once you have been a great organization, but today I'm very disappointed and You lose your client.

Alexey,

8 Months ago I made the following post and Cisco didnt even respond or fixed. Please take a look on it and note another user validated the test I had made. This is a big exposure to whoever is using the rv320 for VPNs. Currently Im running my VPNs on a Linux box with OpenVPN because of this problem.

Big Security Issue on rv320 VPN implementation

Where is the new firmware?

Cisco, wake up, please!!!

I was able to start a case last week with Cisco Technical Support. They're expected to have more information today, but we'll see.

The heat is on to revert to 1.2.1.14.

Andrew, are You received answer from Cisco?

Thanks.

Cisco rep got back to me yesterday. From his response, the case has been escalated up to the next tier. I suppose eventually the case will make it to someone who knows what is going on. Another 48 hour hold.

Response I received yesterday:

"As per next level team update they have escalated this status with concern development team and waiting for their response and hence I will update you the status by next 48 hours."

Best,

A

6 days later and  still no  updates?  Not  the  service  I  would  normally  expect  from  Cisco.

Cisco has been ignoring issues with the RV320 for long time already. Huge security issues, LAN ports freezing, web interface freezing, issues with VPN... name it. The list of problems they are ignoring is very long. 6 days? If they ever responded to these issues in 6 days or around that, it would be perfect.. but we are talking about months, years.

That's why I migrated everything to my new Mikrotik CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD-IN. The device is awesome. 

The only reason I'm still waiting for some fix on the RV320  is because I want to load a better firmware on the rv320 so I can at least sell it, as I would not sell the device with lots of problems (just like Cisco did to me). 

I agree. I  swapped  over  my  RV325 months  ago  too for  a  Billion 7800DX.  That has not  failed me  yet...but has  a  cap  on the VPN  bandwidth of   9Mbps in  real life testing.  I wish I had the  full  20 Mbps!

As with many of us... waiting is a pain.  I finally decided to put 1.3.1.10 on one of my internal RV320's  .. using basic functions and no VPN needs.  Been working fine and stable with WAN connections with Comcast--which is one of those ongoing intermittent freeze issues we see with some of our commercial customers on 1.2.1.14.

1.3.1.10 is still available as download at softpedia.com--along with release notes.

CISCO ... PLEASE if you pull a firmware.. tell us why!   1.3.1.10 was out there and downloaded and used.  What's the tech reasons to undo it???

Considering the 9 months that .14 has been out and the continuous problems we've all outlined in this and other forum listings for WAN drops, etc.  ... wont someone there post a status?  

I've been a Cisco partner for 15 years, but for SMB router products I'm seriously looking to change to Fortinet's routers and firewalls.  They work. They listen to partners, too.They update firmware timely.   And they are Cisco's #1 competitor.   What's that say about Cisco and the commitment to the SMB commercial space?

Chet.

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX