cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 LAN Addressing

jheberling1
Level 1
Level 1

My LAN is configured as a 172.18.x.y / 16 network.  How do I set the RV320's IP address to be on this LAN ?  It seems it can only handle /24 networks.

TIA

Juergen

3 Replies 3

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Juergen, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. What happen when you try to set the IP address and mask? Are you configuring DHCP pool?

Thank you for the information,

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

aunrein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Juergon,

I believe that you can change the IP address and Subnet mask by navigating to Setup > Network. The Network page opens. In the Multiple Subnet Table, click the radio button for VLAN1 (the default VLAN), and click Edit. The DHCP Setup page opens. You can edit the device's IP address and Subnet mask in the Device IP Address field and Subnet Mask drop-down list. Click Save to save your changes.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Alex

Kremena Ivanova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Juergen,

You are right. The LAN supports only /24 bit mask and you cannot configure 16 bit mask. This is not a bug, but the product designe limitation.

I hope it answers your question. Let me know if you need more information

Regards,

Kremena

SB Support Network Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: