Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV320 or RV130 UK 4G dongle support

Hi,

I am about to upgrade my RV220W (it's EOL'd) and am looking at the RV320 (I have separate WAPs so don't need W version) as I am interested in a 4G failover/backup for the internet connection. 

There's a compatibility list for the dongles, which is ancient and hasn't been updated in forever:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/rv32x_usb_compatibility13.pdf

None of these are current models (only one supports 4G) and none are available in the UK at the moment from any of the mobile providers. I could try to get an old 3G dongle off eBay and put a new data SIM in it, but then it would only be 3G.

I took a look at the newer RV130 which has a more recent list of compatible dongles (still not a very current one), but it's isn't as good a router (for various reasons) as the RV320.

So my question is: is anyone in the UK successfully using a currently-available 4G dongle with the RV320???

Edit: or the RV130?

Thanks in advance,

Misha.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES

I'm having the same issue. I

I'm having the same issue. I just bought an O2 dongle, the E3372, to use on the router as a digger took our phone line out.

Suprise suprise, it doesn't work with the Cisco RV320.

Seriously Cisco, what are you playing at? You aren't a backwater two bit company. Can you not spare someone who can add the new devices to the router? I bought this router for exactly this reason and now I find I can't add any 4G/3G dongle to it.

I'm so annoyed right now.

I have 2 type of 4G modems

I have 2 type of 4G modems working with RV 320 but as the router using ppp protocol it limits the throughput around 21 Mbps. 

Hi Cheesefather

Hi Cheesefather

This link is "dead" now. Do you have additional link for supported USB dongle 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/rv32x_usb_compatibility13.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content