cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Problems with USB dongle that RV320 says is working but no green USB1 light

techsoft2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with the RV320. I connect the sierra u320 dongle and i get the green text that says its working fine, so its supported ok good.

However if i fill in the correct login details APN, username, password for it i don't seem to get any USB1 light flashing or on.. even though the dongle shows green and orange lights (which means its working as 3G and ok)....  is there anyway I can see in the cisco logs the usb connection details?? the logs don't show much but how can i get more detail ie. login failed or wrong password, more details, etc?

It appears i can put any login details and nothing much happens no green USB1 light.. it's as if the dongle says ok but cisco doesn't do something or needs to be done to get it working? am i missing something? i would very much appreciate some help.

regards

james

3 Replies 3

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello James,

The RV320 does not work with every dongle, only the ones on the supported list, which is available here.

However I know there have been several requests to add that model, so your best bet would be to give us a call at the SBSC and let us open a case.  The more cases we have the more likely it is a model will be added, and I believe we may already have some beta software for this particular dongle (although I could be wrong about that, I am not at work right now so I don't have access to all of my usual resources)

Cisco Small Business Support Center Contact Numbers

Thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

Hi Christopher,

I do get the RV320 saying the the sierra U320 dongle is working properly (in the web gui its - green text is "3G/4G modem is connected and works normally) so you are supporting it in the current firmware.

When I look at status in the web gui of the RV320.. i can see it has got the IP of the dongle from ISP, but Default Gateway and DNS are both 0.0.0.0..... for some reason it won't get these automatically?? It this why i don't see a green light on USB1 on the RV320?

Also when I check the system status of the RV320, i can see ppp3000 connected with device ip address and packets and bytes received and transmitted so its communicating with the device.

Network connection settings in the RV320:

APN: telstra.bigpond

Dial: *99#

Pin code: (is blank as there is no pin for my dongle)

username and password are correctly filled in.

Is there some way i can see if the dongle login is working correctly? is there some login error or something, i have no idea? Perhaps you guys can copy code from your other routers that do support the u320 and implement that in the rv320?

What else should i do?

Regards

James

Hi,

I have the same issue with a dongle Huawei e3276s-500 (it is in the compatible list).

My router is a rv325 and I can get that the doongle work perfectly but I can´t get ip because I check system sumary and I have only 0.0.0.0 in gateway.

Can Anybody help me??

Thanks.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: