Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 two wan and wifi

astromdavid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

just buy a RV320 and I have both wan configured to failover.

Wan1 has fix ip and Wan2 has dynamic ip.

I would like to know if i can configure one router to provide WIFI. I tried to create a VLAN in Cisco and isolate wifi but does not work. The router is in bridge mode.

I hope someone can guide me to solve this problem.

thank you very much

pd: sorry for my english but is not my mother tongue....

15 Replies 15

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

David,

What are you using for a wireless access point?

Can you post a screenshot of the VLAN settings?

What do you mean by "The router is in bridge mode."?

- Marty

Hi Marty,

thank you for your answer.

This my configuration:

default Vlan: 172.16.0.1

Vlan2: 192.168.2.1

WAN1: 217.172.x.x

WAN2: dinamic ip PPPoE

The switch is connected to port Lan 1 and an old router to port Lan 2 to provide wifi on an isolated network.

The router has not a special configuration, ip: 192.168.2.2, wifi, dhcp with default gateway 192.168.2.1

i can connect to wifi but i can not ping to 192.168.2.1

any help would be appreciated

cisco.jpg

cisco2.jpg

David,

It looks like VLAN is not enabled, Check the box at the top of the screen under VLAN Membership.

- Marty

Hi Marty,

you are right, i forgot to enable VLAN... i did it but not solved the problem.

i can not ping and access to internet...

thank you for your help.

David,

LAN 2 where the "old router" is connected should be VLAN 1000 Untagged, unless the old router understands VLAN tagging and is also configured for VLAN 1000 Tagged.

- Marty

i tried it several times but i always get the same error

error.jpg

thank you

David,

Select and edit VLAN 1 and 1000 at the same time. Change VLAN 1 on port 2 to Excluded or Tagged, then VLAN 1000 to Untagged. Save the settings.

- Marty

thank you Marty but still doesn't work. It is strange...

David,

What brand/model is the old router that is being used as an access point?

How is it configured?

- Marty

is a very very basic router from Movistar (Spain), model: RTA01N (don't know brand...)

and it isn't configured for WAN, LAN is 192.168.2.2 and WIFI is 192.168.2.10-50 dg: 192.168.2.1, no firewall, no bridge, no nat, no vlan...

thank you Marty

David,

Routers are connected LAN-to-LAN?

If you connect a PC to another LAN port on the RTA01N, can you get an IP and reach the internet?

If not, try to plug a PC into port 2 of the RV320 and see if you get a VLAN 1000 IP and can reach the internet. This will tell us if the problem is with the RV320 or other router.

- Marty

Yes, the stupid router has only one lan port so i can not connect a pc to the router

but, when i connect the pc into port 2 of the RV320 i can ping and surfer so, the problem is the router???

thank you very much for your help but now the office is closing and i have to leave out.

if you have some tips, tomorrow i will try it.

David,

It looks like there is some issue with the configuration of the wireless router. You may have to use the WAN port of that router connected to LAN 2 on the RV320. This would create a Double-NAT scenario but should not be an issue for a guest network since you will not be port forwarding to it. The RV320 can still be configured with VLAN 1000 to keep the wireless users off the corporate network.

- Marty

i tried it some days ago but didn't work.

i think the problem is the router so if you have some idea... if not, don't worry, you helped me a lot of.

what do you think, if i buy an AP, could the AP connect to LAN2 and provide wifi for custumers??

thank you again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: