Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 vs RV042G

I have read that the RV320 is the next generation of Cisco's SOHO line, replacing the RV042G, but they seem to have been introduced around the same time.

I tried an RV320, and I only got ~50mbps WAN<->LAN throughput on my 100mbps connection. Since the RV042G runs the same firmware as the older RV042, is it more stable/effective than the RV320, or am I likely to have a similar issue?

The specs on both routers seem fairly close, and from reading the user guides, the GUI for the firmware seems very similar. Has anyone had the experience of switching between these devices?

3 Replies 3

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

While the rv042G shares part of the model number with the older rv042, all the newer versions are completely updated.  To give you some idea what the speed differences are, check out the router charts at smallnetbuilder.com.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

sincables
Level 1
Level 1

I've read the reviews in smallnetbuilder some time ago and was very helpfull to decide whether to buy the rv320 vs rv042g and now I have 6 months of a steady and unatended rv042g load balanced wans, protocol binding, PPTP VPN for my iDevices and multiple port forwarding and firewall rules in an SB environment without a single reboot. I didn't read any good reviews on rv320, is up to you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Interesting.  Good to know!