cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 w/ RV32X_v1.3.2.02_20160923-code

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

Just updated an RV320 to the latest RV32X_v1.3.2.02_20160923-code and it killed my ability to connect to the internet.  I received my public IP and Gateway addresses but could not ping anything on the WAN side, rolled back to the previous and we're normal again.  Why is it every time I'm hoping they're finally going to fix these bugs in the SMB class stuff it just gets worse.

3 Replies 3

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My name is Jonathan and I am one of the Engineers here at Cisco Small Business.

I apologize for the delay in answering and for any inconvenience with the unit, please let us know the following:

-when you upgrade the unit to the 1.3.2.02 version. do you have access to the web interface or as well you can't access to it?

-what kind of service do you have, is it a static ip, dynamic or other?

-have you tried to do a factory reset after the upgrade and then check if the connection works?

-what is the status of the lights on the unit?

-if you have access to the unit what does the wan port shows, for example is it active or inactive, disable etc?

-if you keep facing the issue i recommend to give us a call and open a ticket so we can check the unit as well.

Thanks

In reading my post I obviously did have access to the web interface so lan side was working.  I did't try a factory default amd try again, didn't think of that.  This is my office router not a client's installation so I just needed to get back online and rolling back to the previous version worked so went on to working.  

It connected to a Comcast modem with a dynamic IP which as I memtioned I could release amd renew and acquire an IP and DNS IPs. 

If you need I could try again on the week end when I have time and won't screw up anyone and make a more detailed report and try a factory default after the update amd then reload the config.  I do hace several vlans on the router but my SG500-28 is my dhcp server and hosts my SVI's. 

I updated the firmware again today and had no issues.  Strange.  I'll let you know if anything changes but for now no problems.