cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 - WAN remote management via 443 fails after 2-3 days

Media3Ltd
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV320 running v1.1.0.09 (2013-07-04, 13:28:17) with HTTPS Remote Management enabled via port 443.  Aside from the other numerous unrelated bugs and "limitations," Remote Management works fine for 2-3 days and then simply refuses access as if it were not enabled.  LAN management is not affected and the router seems to otherwise perform as expected.  I have tried disableing and then re-enabling remote management with no success.  The only thing that seems to work, is to restart the router.

I also suspect that this is the prelude to a bigger problem.  If I don't restart it, by the 4th or 5th day I have seen the router fail to the point that a power cycle is the only solution.

Is it possible that reinstalling the firmware might help?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Damon

3 Replies 3

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

I hate to say this, but these type of bugs are also part of the router.  You really have only three permanent solutions:

- return and exchange the router from your vendor (if possible) and see if a new one does the same thing.

- return and get a different brand router

- use a script or hardware rebooter to reboot the unit daily

Now, that being said, I do have a few questions/ideas you can try.  First, try changing the port from the default 443.  See if that helps.  Second, what have you changed from the default factory settings?  Start changing these back to default one-by-one and testing the results one-by-one.  If you find a particular setting solves the issue, hopefully it's not something you need critically.  Good luck!

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Oh, and to answer your question about the firmware.  Possibly.  You can try that as well as different versions of firmware (if available).  Each firmware has its unique bugs that may work for one application but not another.  Treat each firmware as a different 'feature set' and you won't be as upset when a newer version of firmware breaks something that was working fine in a pervious version.  I know this helped me get through the firmware juggling.

cedlanio
Level 1
Level 1

HTTPS Remote Management enabled via port 443 is working fine at RV320 after a lot of testing with and without firewall enabled or with or without firewall rules or changing remote management port etc. Nothing was working UNTIL A LOT OF CLIENTS LOG OFF AND WENT HOME.

This RV320 was a shock for me after RV 042. RV320 has a lot of limitations for a very strong QoS who is not manageable for admin. In a peak of traffic it not respond even to self ping. So if you want remote management go to Firewall and:

- enable HTTPS, enable remote management via port 443 (default port for https) 

- disable block request form WAN

- be a little patient because it take some time to propagate this settings to network 

And least but not last put the router physically in a very spacious area because it is hot when is working. 

I have configured in it 4 VLAN-s with about 150 wired hosts about 30 wireless.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: