cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 + WAP371 - Trouble in creating VLAN in order to provide 2 Wifi network (offices and guests)

matthewb63
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some trouble in creating my network with a RV320 router and a WAP371 access point.

What I Want to do :

I want to create 2 wifi network on the same access point : 1 for workers and 1 for guests.

What I did :

Nothing's better than a draw :)

What is my problem 

VLAN 1 (Office SSID) works well (internal NAS and Internet access ar functionnal) but VLAN30 for guest has no access to the internet

The RV320 is in gateway mode (because I dont reach internet when I switch to router mode)

Thanks for your help

Hope my explaination is sufficient

4 Replies 4

Ingrid Aragon
Level 1
Level 1

Mathieu, I am a Cisco Engineer from the Small Business department.

Based on the Admin Guide: Router Mode is selected when the device is on a network that does not have a WAN connection or another device is used to establish the WAN connection. In Router mode, Internet connectivity is available to the network devices only if you have another router that functions as the Gateway. With that said, the correct mode should be Gateway.

Troubleshooting the VLAN30:
- Confirm if the devices connected to the Guest VLAN are getting the correct IP address.
- If you are obtaining the correct IP address, did you use the wizard configuration? Yes, I strongly recommend reconfiguring the unit not using the wizard. | No, make sure that LAN2 in the RV320 is joining the VLAN30 and the SSID #2 - GUEST is also joining the VLAN ID: 30.
- Are you using the captive portal? If yes, remove it and try.

If you require any further information, do not hesitate to let me know.

Why should I rate content?
You'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.

Hi Ingrid

I made some additionnal test today :

- With 2 different devices, When I connect to the GUEST SSID on the Guest VLAN30, I obtain a 192.168.5.x address so it's correct

- From those 2 devices, I can't ping 192.168.5.1 nor 192.168.1.1 (VLAN1 router IP) nor 192.168.3.2

- There's no captive portal

May it be a route problem ?

Thanks for your support

Mathieu

Mathieu, Is there any way that you can provide the file config? If yes, use cisco/cisco as the credentials. I would like to replicate your topology in our lab.

Ingrid, just to inform you that I fixed my problem this morning by checking the RIP option in Advanced routing mode.

Now Users can access the internet without accessing other vlan.

Thank for your help

Mathieu 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: