cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Needs Daily (or more) Rebooting

chrisschiano
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded my SMB gateway to an RV325.  It still has a generally basic configuration with NAT for internal access to the Internet and forwarding of just three protocols to a single internal IP.  The device needs to be rebooted daily or more frequently.  It works perfectly for a while after reboot, but eventually it will begin to redirect all internal traffic bound for the Internet to the forwarded IP address??  On occasion the router will simply stop responding and again work well (for a while) after reboot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

This sounds like a firmware bug for sure.  Try upgrading/downgrading to a different firmware version and see if you can get better results.  And don't be afraid to downgrade.  Firmware versions are more like 'feature sets'

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kremena Ivanova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It definitely sounds like routing problem. A loop maybe or something else happening. I would suggest you to call the support line. They can have a look on your router configuration and your topology. Hereby the contact details:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Kremena

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

This sounds like a firmware bug for sure.  Try upgrading/downgrading to a different firmware version and see if you can get better results.  And don't be afraid to downgrade.  Firmware versions are more like 'feature sets'

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

matthew1471
Level 1
Level 1

I would also check that you don't have port mirroring enabled:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/administration/guide/en/rv32x_ag_en.pdf

Page 69.