Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 shows connected (Inactive) for WAN1 with cable modem

craignottingham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently purchased an RV325 Dual WAN Gigabit Router and I am experiencing an issue where I will loose internet connectivity and when I look at the RV325 web interface, I see the WAN1 status is "Connected (Inactive)". I only have the single WAN1 interface connected to a Charter cable modem. I followed another discussion related to this topic and set the router up for DMZ (not WAN1/WAN2 load balancing) and disabled the DMZ port. There is nothing connected on the DMZ/WAN2 interface, however the discussion suggested this may help resolve it. This (appeared) to work for 2 days, but now the problem is back. This seems like a bug. If I reboot the cable modem, the RV325 will re-connect and show active on the WAN1 interface. I think if I force the RV325 to obtain a new IP address for the WAN1 interface, that resets it too...however that was a few days ago and I cannot remember if I had to reboot the cable modem too.

The RV325 is a replacement for a Netgear wireless router combo and I never had internet connectivity drop-out. The RV325 setup is straightforward:

1. Power up, connect WAN1, change password and upgraded to latest firmware: v1.1.1.06 (2013-12-06, 11:02:37)

2. Changed IP to x.x.10.1

3. Establish DHCP and set up MAC & IP bindings

4. Connect devices in to switch

Appreciate any help and suggestions on troubleshooting and resolving this one.

Thanks,

Craig

1 Reply 1

Jminnihan2
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same issue with Charter in the St. Louis area. This router works great on a Charter (now Spectrum) Business account with the Charter provided SMC cable modem. However, it doesn't work with the Charter home account with the Charter provided Motorola or Arris modems. In order to make it work with my Charter home account, I had to add a Apple Extreme wireless router setup in bridge mode in-between the Arris modem and the RV325.