cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P and WAP371 extremely slow connection from WiFi to LAN

ice8k
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured my RV345P with 3 VLANS and the respective WiFi-Networks on the WAP 371. All works well with the cabled connections. I.E. the connection from my wired PC connected to the RV345 to my also to the RV345 cable connected NAS is perfect. Also every Wireless client can access the internet at full speed from any VLAN. The problem is, that a wireless client like my macbook has a extremely slow connection to my NAS, even when being in the same VLAN/WiFI-Network. 

More Information:

1. Same VLAN to NAS cabled connection: Normal speed

2. Same VLAN to NAS over WLAN AP371: extremely slow speed

3. From other VLAN to NAS with Access-Rule: Normal Speed.

I only tried it with Apple-Products. It looks like a problem of the WAP371. I found the following posts, describing the same problem:

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuq93941

Any Ideas? I am grateful for any suggestions.

7 Replies 7

Hello @ice8k

How do you access your NAS ? Via Web browser?

If you have normal speed to internet but slow connection to NAS, I´d focus on the NAS. Maybe try another browser, it you access it via web.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

@Flavio Miranda wrote:

Hello @ice8k

How do you access your NAS ? Via Web browser?

If you have normal speed to internet but slow connection to NAS, I´d focus on the NAS. Maybe try another browser, it you access it via web.

Hey @Flavio Miranda - thanks for Your answer. I do not think the problem is on the NAS. I can connect to the NAS and the NAS Web-Interface in perfect speed over LAN. When I try to connect to the Webinterface of the NAS via WLAN it is awfully slow. 

So I think it has something todo with my VLANS and the VLAN/WLAN Configuration on the WAP371.

Cheers.

Alright. Which device is this NAS ? Which operational System ? Maybe you can use it to figure out what´s wrong.

I dont see, in terms of network, any good reason for one connection to be slower on the Wi-Fi. 

I think some kind of sniffer will be required. 

Hey,

thanks for your answer. I have now found out the following:

1. Same VLAN to NAS cabled connection: Normal speed

2. Same VLAN to NAS over WLAN AP371: extremely slow speed

3. From other VLAN to NAS with Access-Rule: Normal Speed.

I only tried it with Apple-Products. It looks like a problem of the WAP371. I found the following posts, describing the same problem:

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuq93941

Is there a possibility to report this bug to Cisco?

Regards,

Rainer

The proper procedure is open up a TAC and them, if proven this is a Bug, Cisco guys will create a new Bug identifier and work on it.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks - I have done this. I will get back with the solution.

Thanks.

ohaarseth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently installed two of these WAP 371 at two different customers. Tagged VLAN 10 for SSID#1 and tagged VLAN 20 for SSID#2, with Cisco ASA as gateway. Funny is that both of the customer reported speed issues on SSID#1. SSID#2 serves clients at full speed. 

The management of the access point is over VLAN 10. If I move the management to VLAN 20, clients at SSID#1 get full speed. However, now clients at SSID#2 experiens slow speeds.

Solution is to serve clients with a SSID at a non-management VLAN.

This may be to related to CSCuq93941, however I'm running firmware 1.3.0.4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: