Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RVS 4000 on Port 587

hi

I just bought RVS 4000 a week ago. My previous router can send email through port 587,

Ever since i bought RVS 4000, it stop sending emails. I opened port 25 and I have tried all my best to do port forwarding to port 587 but still it cannot send email.

My ISP is using port 587.

Please help help me on this. What should i do to be able to send email on port 587?

3 REPLIES

Re: RVS 4000 on Port 587

Hi Lui,

When you say send mail on port 587, are you referring to sending mail from the LAN to the WAN on port 587?  Or a port forward translation from 25 on the WAN to 587 on the LAN?

On the RVS4000, you can perform port translation by going to the Firewall Page, then Single Port Forwarding.  Create an application name (text based, will not affect config) and then you can choose an external port to internal port.  Lastly point to the internal IP address of the mail server.

If you are referring to sending mail on port 587, the router is by default going to allow all outbound traffic out and will not block or filter ports.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks!

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.

hi

my webhosting company stmp is using port 587. and i am sending email thru aspnet application. i tried all things but it still cannot send.

before using RVS4000, i used prolink wireless router and it has no problem sending email using port 587.

What should i do now? Any help greatly appreciated. thanks

does rvs 4000 support TLS?

My smtp for port 587 uses TLS.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content