cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 and iphone VPN

rich
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to connect the iphone to a RVS4000 via vpn?   On previous models in the RV class it was possible to just use pptp but it seems to no longer be a option.  I really need to get this working.

7 Replies 7

Alejandro Gallego
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Welcome to Cisco Communities!

unfortunately we are not able to connect our iPhones to the RVS via VPN. The iPhones only support Cisco IPSec connectivity which does not include our Small Business Routers. On the RV0xx routers with the built-in PPTP server we can but as you already know, that is not an option on the RVS router.

We will keep hoping this will change though.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hello,

I have same issue.  I have bought this router to setup a VPN connection with my iphone but apparently this is now not supported on the RVS4000.  Is it sure that it should work with the RV042, RV082 and RV016 routers?  Would like to avoid second wrong buy.

Thks

I replaced mine with a rv042 and have 4 iphones that connect to it

regularly and 3 laptops. Just not all at once, seems to work just fine

and its been a few months now.

Hi Rich!

I cant seem to get my iphone working with my RV042 VPN router. Please please help me out setting up a working IPSec VPN connection.

There is no guides or tutorials out there at all.

Regards

reekee

The RVS4000 claims to support IPSec VPNs, but I haven't had any luck getting it to work with iPhones.

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the question  has been answered by Alejandro.

The Iphone as of release 3 only supports Cisco IPsec implementation.

The RVS and RV router support standard IPsec.

I would like to know if this has changed? If apple has added support for the RVS4000?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: