Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 Internet Access Policy issues after FW upgrade to 1.3.3.5

willeandGER76
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we run a small home/business network using an RVS4000v1. Everything is pretty simple and straight forward. We use 10 different Internet Access Policies (IAP) that's it. We recently upgraded the Firmware to 1.3.3.5.

Since then all IPaddresses (that is 2 IPaddresses in total) that have 24 hr access to the internet will get cut off the internet just before/around midnight. All IAPs that use a time window (e.g. 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM) are working fine (also on the next day).

The web GUI still works and the status of the routers still says its up and the WAN access is up as well. We have to reboot the router (through the webGUI) to get 24hr access again or save the same IAP again.

Reading the release note for FW 1.3.3.5 I note that there is a know issue with IAP.

>>QUOTE

The second Internet access policy does not work.

Work Around: Configure only one Internet access policy within a 24-hour

interval.

>>UNQUOTE

I am just not sure how to read it.

Is it only the second IAP that has the issue (and the IAP numbers 3 to 10 do not)? Or will only ONE IAP work and no others?

Or is the second policy that uses a 24hr setting meant to be the issue? If this was the case, could a work around be to set the time from 00:05 AM to 11:55 PM (or in my case 00:05 to 23:55)?

We appreciate your help

Andy

0 Replies 0