Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RVS4000 QuickVPN certificates

I have recently set up an RVS4000 router and successfully configured a VPN client for it. I have been trying to find some more details about the use of certificates. For this one account and client I have generated a certificate file for the QuickVPN client with the default name (RVS4000_Client.pem) and saved it to C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QuickVPN Client\ directory as described in the manual. All seems to work fine.

My question is: Is it possible to use different certificates for different profiles in the QuickVPN client? If so, is there some significance with the names of the certificate files? I am thinking about installing several routers to occasionally access several sites for maintenance purposes from a couple of laptops used by service personnel. Do I have to use the same certificate for all devices?

Ari

1 REPLY

Re: RVS4000 QuickVPN certificates

>My question is: Is it possible to use different certificates for different profiles in the QuickVPN client?

Yes.

>If so, is there some significance with the names of the certificate files?

Since all the certificates should be placed under the same directory, the file names have to be unique.

>Do I have to use the same certificate for all devices?

It's recommended to have different certificates for different QuickVPN Servers.

Views
Helpful
Replies