cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 restarts every two hours

d.danielewski
Level 1
Level 1

I am puzzled here ... My RVS4000 V2.0.3.4 restarts itself every two hours for no apparent reason. Is there any way to track it?

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Darek,

I have seen this happen with the WRVS4400N and RVS4000 when there was some file sharing activity on the LAN, such as bittorrent. If there is no file sharing on the network, please post a topology and some information about what is configured on the router.

Also, did this start happening suddenly or have you always had the issue?

Is logging enabled?

Any changes with ISP, LAN devices, location, etc?

Was this an issue before the firmware upgrade?

- Marty

I have two RVS4000 between two remote offices, with a VPN tunnel between them. This was working fine for quite a while and I do not recall any specific issues. Recently, I have done two things:

1. Enabled IPS Function on the router

2. Installed Qnap NAS and established a periodic FTP transfer between the two offices

I found in other posts, that IPS might be causing this issue so I have disabled it an hour and 43 minutes ago. If I get a reboot again within the next hour, I will proceed to shutting down the FTP transfer job.

Switching off IPS did not resolve the issue.

Switched of FTP and will confimr in a few hours.

Very strange.  I'll be interested to hear what happens with the ftp turned off.

If it's stable again, I'd hammer the connection as hard as you can and see if you can cause it to reboot.  If it's traffic related, it should reboot in under 2hrs.  If not, it's something else related to traffic, but still time-based.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com