cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000's behind RV016

wbtadmin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again, due to some of the limitations of the RV016 and multiple subnetting and ACLs I acquired an RVS4000 to try some tests and see if I can configure these routers to do what I would like. The situation is this. I want to create CIDR network 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.248.0 , basic, gives me more IPs that I need, can organize more efficiently etc. I acquired the RVS4000 to install in different areas of the network to take advantage of VLAN functionality on the ports. I essentially would like to connect the RVS4000's WAN port to the existing network, and the basically configure say ports 1-3 as VLAN 4 for example and port 4 can stay default. I basically want the devices in the RVS4000 vlan 4 to be secure and private, hidden by other users on the network, but I would like the vlan 4 users to be able to access servers outside or below the RVS4000 network. Is this possible? I would simply use ACL's, but like I said the RV016 does and will not enforce them beyond the 192.168.1.0 /24 basic network that you can't configure the subnet for on the device. Other situation is if I say have devices on the RVS4000 and users are on ports 1-3 on vlan 4, and say I connect to the main network on port 4, is there a way to allow data on port 4 not to gain entry into vlan 4 but allow the vlan 4 users network access so they can utilize internal servers etc? Appreciate the help/discussion/insight. Thank you.

0 Replies 0