Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RVS4000's behind RV016

Hello again, due to some of the limitations of the RV016 and multiple subnetting and ACLs I acquired an RVS4000 to try some tests and see if I can configure these routers to do what I would like. The situation is this. I want to create CIDR network 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.248.0 , basic, gives me more IPs that I need, can organize more efficiently etc. I acquired the RVS4000 to install in different areas of the network to take advantage of VLAN functionality on the ports. I essentially would like to connect the RVS4000's WAN port to the existing network, and the basically configure say ports 1-3 as VLAN 4 for example and port 4 can stay default. I basically want the devices in the RVS4000 vlan 4 to be secure and private, hidden by other users on the network, but I would like the vlan 4 users to be able to access servers outside or below the RVS4000 network. Is this possible? I would simply use ACL's, but like I said the RV016 does and will not enforce them beyond the 192.168.1.0 /24 basic network that you can't configure the subnet for on the device. Other situation is if I say have devices on the RVS4000 and users are on ports 1-3 on vlan 4, and say I connect to the main network on port 4, is there a way to allow data on port 4 not to gain entry into vlan 4 but allow the vlan 4 users network access so they can utilize internal servers etc? Appreciate the help/discussion/insight. Thank you.

• Small Business Routers
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.