Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 speed troublen

Hello

I own a RVS4000 V3 and i have the latest firmware on it. Like few people i have a problem with WAN speed on the device and as i have read i should dissable the IPS Function to make the speed increese, now here is my problem.

When i dissable the IPS Function in my device i get a great speed increese, the only problem now is that after about 12-24 hours the router shutsdown. not as in loss of power but if i try to browse to a webpage i get "Page count not be dissplayed" folllowed by a DNS error. i get even get access to the routers webinterface. I get this on all my computers connected to the router, the only way to make it work again is to remove the power cable and start the router again, then it works for another 12-24 hours and the same thing happens. I have now turned on IPS function and not once for the last week have i had the need to reboot the router however i have the worst speed on my 1gbps connection possible.

Is there some way to fix this, is the device faulty ?

5 Replies 5

cefalany
Level 1
Level 1

I disabled the RVS4000 IPS without difficulty.  Keep in mind that the RVS4000 is not going to approach the 1 gbps speed under any circumstances.  I would reload the latest firmware and try again.

It is when i dissable the IPS function the problem i described appears, ive reloded the firmware 3 times and done a factory reset without the problem going away.

Michael,

Please disable the auto-day light savings tab.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3513455#3513455

Look at this post from a customer in Europe.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Hi jasbryan

I had a look and auto-day light savings was already set to dissabled. i tryed to set the time manually and fiddle around a bit but the result is the same, no speed increese until i turn of the IPS functions :/

Michael,

I know when IPS enabled you will only see 20-24Mbps data rate. This is because the amount of processing power each packet takes from being scanned/routed inbound and outbound. You can give the Cisco Small Business Support Center a call and open a support case with next available engineers @ 1-866-606-1866

Jasbryan