Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 VLAN Headaches

OK here's what I'm trying to do.

Two separate VLANS networks through my RVS4000, namely 192.168.2.xxx ports 1-2 and 192.168.77.xxx port 3.

The RVS4000 gets the internet via a static PPOE modem. The RVS4000, supplies the internet username and password for the modem which is connected through the WAN port. The internet IP is on network 192.168.1.x

Both VLAN networks require the internet, but should not be able to see eachother. This is my problem, I can't seem to get both; I either get no internet on one network or I can ping a machine from one network to the other.

I think it has to do with the port mode, currently I have all ports as "untagged" which gives me internet on both networks but I can ping a "77" machine from the "2" network.

1 Reply 1

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

>currently I have all ports as "untagged" which gives me internet on both networks but I can ping a "77" machine from the "2" network.

There is a setting in the Setup>Advanced page to enable/disable "Inter-VLAN Routing". It should be disabled if you do not want different VLAN to see each other.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: