Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RVS4000 Vlan port forward

I have a RVS4000 with one vlan on it. I'm trying to get a port to forward to a machine on the vlan but not having much luck. I read online that port forwarding is not supports on a vlan with the RVS4000, is that correct?

Thanks Jason

5 REPLIES
Gold

Hi malibujason79,

You should be able to forward to any VLAN configured on the router. Can you be more specific about what the configuration is and what you are trying to forward?

- Marty

Thank you for your reply Marty.

I have a phone system on a vlan and i'm tring to forward port 5060 to ip address of that phone system. When I check to see if the the port is open, from an outside source ( such as yougetsingal.com ) it shows closed.

Gold

Is the Default Gateway of the phone system the LAN IP of the RVS4000?

example:

VLAN 1: 192.168.1.1 <= Default Gateway for VLAN 1 devices

VLAN 2: 192.168.2.1 <= Default Gateway for VLAN 2 devices

To test if the router is forwarding correctly, install RJL Port Listener on a PC and tell it to listen on port 5060. Connect the PC to a VLAN 2 port and then use yougetsignal.com to see if it is open. If not, try some other ports such as 80, 8080, 5061, etc. This should show if the RVS4000 is forwarding the traffic properly. If it is, then the issue is that the phone system is not listening or is not configured properly.

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/portlistener/

- Marty

Going by your test procedure, its showing to be the phone system.

Thanks for your help Marty!

Gold

malibujason79,

You're welcome, glad I could be of assistance.

- Marty

Views
Helpful
Replies