cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000, WAP4400 and VLANs

paulmi
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased an RVS400 and WAP4400 with the intention of creating VLANs. The network PCs are all connected to an SD2008 switch which in turn connects to the RVS4000. The WAP is also connected directly to the RVS4000. The intention is to create to Wireless SSIDs. One of these SSIDs will have access to the network PCs as well as the internet and the second SSID will only have access to the internet. the problem is that when i do create this secondary SSID I cannot get it to access the internet. My experience with VLANs is limited so I am wondering if anyone may know wher i am going wrong with this. Any and all help is apprecaited.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Hey Paul, the wap4400n access point does not have the option for making multiple ssids.  It has only one ssid for the device.  You would be able to accomplish the setup you are wanting with a wrvs4400n.  It has multiple ssid's and vlan's.  You can have an internal wireless that has access to the network and a secondary ssid assigned to a different vlan.  This router would be an all in one solution for you.

Sorry my mistake it is a WAP4410n. I have been able to create the 2 SSIDs but when I try to put them onto seperate VLANs I loose the internet connection on the second one. Is there a document available on how to create the VLANs properly on these dvices?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Paul.