Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RVS4000 / WRVS4400 VPN routing question.

I'd like to simplify my setup a little bit, but unfortunately I'm not sure how to do this.

I have a triangle of CSB RVS devices, 2 RVS4000, 1 WRVS4400

each router has a gateway to gateway VPN with the other 2,  so from any of the 3 sites, you can access the resources on the other 2. 

It also works well, that if for some reason one of the VPN legs goes down, it routes through the other router.  atleast It appears to work that way when tested.

Now, Enter my problem.  I have 2 laptops that go around,  Mine and one at the office.  If either of these are off site and connect to any of the routers through the QuickVPN client.  they can only see the resources on the router they connect to.

How would I be able to connect in to 1 router, and be able to access resources on the other VPN'ed routers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

It is not so much a problem on the router as it is on the QuickVPN. When you are going to an IP address that is not on the local network of the router, the QuickVPN does not handle it and it the request is sent out to the internet.

The only way to gain access to the other site and the resources there would be to disconnect from the first router and connect to the other.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Hello Paul

Unfortunately when using the QuickVPN, you will only have access to that router's main subnet.

Would it be possible to add a specific route to a few individual servers? and not every resource?

Bronze

It is not so much a problem on the router as it is on the QuickVPN. When you are going to an IP address that is not on the local network of the router, the QuickVPN does not handle it and it the request is sent out to the internet.

The only way to gain access to the other site and the resources there would be to disconnect from the first router and connect to the other.

Nuts,  Thanks very much for your quick response on this. 

Seems I am doing it the best way possible for the time being.

I'll be looking forward to this working in the next release.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content