Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RVS4000

Good afternoon,

We have an older RVS4000 with Firmware 1.3.0.5.  We are trying to determine which Firmware upgrade to use:

Or if we have to start with 1.3.2.0 and install both.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES

I am currently dealing with

I am currently dealing with this same problem. We need to update from Firmware version 1.3.0.5 to a newer version to troubleshoot an issue with port forwarding not working when IPS is disabled. I spoke with Cisco support and the tech there recommended that I start with 1.3.2.0 because I am on hardware version 1.x. Since I am updating to attempt to resolve an issue, he stated to stop at 1.3.2.0 if the issue is resolved. He also recommended making a backup of the configuration files before attempting any FW upgrades.

You can check the hardware version your RVS4000 is running on by looking at the label on the unit. Under the serial number will be another field labeld PID/VID - The PID is the product ID which is RVS4000. The VID is the version ID, if this field is blank it means you are on hardware version 1.0, if it says 2.x you are on hardware version 2 and would need to update your firmware with one of the 2.x.x.x FW versions.

I guess the question is what are you trying to accomplish with your FW upgrade? Are you attempting to resolve an issue that you are having? 

I am also trying to update

I am also trying to update the FW on my RVS4000. However, our current FW version is 1.1.09. Very old. 

How do I update the firmware? 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content