cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SA520 DHCP not working on DMZ

l.coppolaro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to configure the DMZ on my SA520 router but without success.

After a lot of tests I reduced everything to a very simple test case that is not working: I setted the "Optional Port Mode" to "DMZ" and enabled "DHCP Server" in the "DMZ Configuration", but DHCP on the DMZ does not assign any address.

I am wondering if my optional port is broken or not.

Did someone had similar troubles? Am I missing some "hidden" or strange option?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Luca,

Please verify that you are running latest firmware for your SA500 devices - also read the release notes for bugs and fixes on that version OS.

Firmware -

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/pub/details.html?imageGuId=1167A1D1E9C9032DCE2BA990D2B15C8A927C7036&i=rs

Release notes: 2.1.71

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/multi_function_security/multi_function_security_appliance/sa_500/release/sa500_MR5_v2.1.71.pdf

Let us know what version of firmware you’re currently running on your SA500 device as I haven’t seen any issues/cases with DHCP not functioning. If you‘re not running on latest firmware I would upgrade and then test. Max down town time with no complications 5-12 minutes.

If you need further support you can always give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Thank you for your reply.

I'm running version 2.1.51, I missed the new release!

Tomorrow I will upgrade to 2.1.71 and will run some tests, then I will let you know the results.

Thanks again,

Luca

Luca,

After the upgrade and you're still not able to get function properly give SBSC a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case so we can start documenting your issue - i didn't see anything in the release notes stating DMZ DHCP not working; so if it’s not working in your configuration we can assist in finding out why it’s not.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Now I am really confused...

The DMZ interface started to work only when I enabled VLAN in "VLAN Configuration".

At least DHCP on DMZ is working and I can ping the SA520, and the SA520 can ping the computer in the DMZ (a result never achieved before!!).

What kind of relation exists between DMZ and VLAN?

Please note that I used different IP classes from LAN and DMZ.

Maybe I am conditioned by my previous experience with simplier routers/firewall...

Thanks in advance,

Luca

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: