Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SA520W Bridging between to private Lans

I am looking for some help connecting to separate private lans:

A) 192.168.1.x

B) 192.168.0.x

A is behind a Watchguard XTM25 11.5.3

B is behind a CISCO SA520W

Both have static public facing IP's.

B only has a IP based PBX system attached to it over a SIP ALG. (originally it was hooked up to the watchguard but they didn't play nice, but works great with the Cisco. Problem is the Cisco don't have all the features of the Watchguard)

A has all my users workstations attached. The issue is that computers on A need to talk to server on B for a desktop application to work. Since they are on separate subnets, it isn't working. The app itself still doesn't work by port forward/sNats, etc.

A & B are right next to each other, so cabling between them is not an issue.

Currently, I have a cable between the watchguard and the Cisco. The watchguard end is configured with a static private ip on the subnet A (the cisco side), and plugged into the lan on the cisco side.  I have a policies to let all traffic flow freeley, and from the logs on the Watchguard, all A subnet traffic is correctly going to the Cisco via said cable.

But, nothing is coming back from the Cisco. So my question is, how can I get the Cisco to play nice with the other subnet and send traffic back to the B subnet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

SA520W Bridging between to private Lans

I added a static route on the Cisco to pass all of the 192.168.0.x traffic to the static ip of the watchguard (192.168.1.1), and bam! problem solved!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content