cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SA520W does not get IP on optional WAN

christian
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a SA520W as our primary router and have a fiber connection attached to the default WAN interface. We would like to improve our uptime using a secondary internet connection on the optional WAN interface.

We have bought a dovado tiny 4g router for this other connection. It acts as a dhcp server but the Cisco router does not get an IP from the dovado router. The router works as expected when connected to a normal computer. But somehow the cisco router doesnt get an IP.

I have also tried to set a static IP for the Cisco router but that didn't help either. The dovado router is setup do deliver ip in the range 192.168.0.2-254

Link is up but WAN state is Down. Any ideas?

sa520w.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Christian,

Make sure optional port is set to WAN and WAN mode = LOAD BALANCE MODE . If will not pull an ip address or negotiate a connection.

Jasbryan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Christian,

What is the port configuration settings, set to 10/100/1000 Half or Full. If Auto try manually changing. Also you can try to clone the mac address, or set the mdi/mdix settings on the G4 router if possible.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Christian,

Make sure optional port is set to WAN and WAN mode = LOAD BALANCE MODE . If will not pull an ip address or negotiate a connection.

Jasbryan

I changed WAN mode to Load balance and then iy got the IP correctly.

But i would only like to use Autorollover is that not possible? 

Christian,

Auto rollover is fine - it just will not get/show an IP Address on your status until it fails over.

Jasbryan