Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Scheduled Reboot of RV220W

Hi,

due to problems with our IPsec VPN Tunnel and may posts around here, that indicate that it most likely a bug in the firmware that will never be fixed, we would like to schedule a nightly reboot of our RV220W Routers.

I could not find a option in the configuration menu. I found some articles about SNMP triggered reloads, but they do not work and seam to be IOS related.

How can I reboot my RC220W every night without cutting the power to it every night?

Thank you

Marc

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES
Gold

Hi Marc,

As of today there is no option for a scheduled reboot in the SMB routers. If you would like to see that feature added, please call support and open a feature request case.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

I had a router years ago that lost internet access every 2-3 days. I connected a $5 lamp timer to it and set it to turn off at 4am and back on at 4:01am daily. That worked great until I was able to get the issue resolved permanently.

- Marty

Bronze

A lamp timer is a great solution, and there's even some units that can detect ping timeouts and only reboot when that happens.

Otherwise, there used to be a hidden way to reset the rv016/082 that may work for the 220.  I know the 220 uses a completely new generation of firmware, so it probably won't work, but PM me if you want to try it.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content