cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up a SRP521w Router per the attached diagram

smwright6
Level 1
Level 1

Please see the diagram attached and HELP ME!           

4 Replies 4

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve,

Just use the default configuration for the WAN interface.  Configure the LAN subnet (or create a new one) with the static LAN IP block - you can either statically configure your hosts or have the SRP provide these public addresses via DHCP with a new DHCP server configuration.

Once you have this, create a NAT bypass rule for the public IP address block (the SRP will NAT everything by default unless you add this).

Add advanced firewall rules to control which traffic will be allowed in to your ppublic subnet.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Andrew

Thanks for your response, however I am not an IT guy I program industrial PLC's and have been thrown into this mess. I understand what you have said but do not know where to configure the LAN subnet (which need to be statically configured or where to create the NAT Bypass Rule or how the advanced firewall rule should read. Sorry for being intellectually challenged in these matters.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Actually, perhaps a more straight forward solution might be to use the hardware DMZ feature.  This uses LAN port 4 to connect internet routable hosts that you wish to place in the firewall demilitarized zone.  Assuming that you have a switch to connect your public hosts/PCs to this port, just enable the feaure (Network Setup > DMZ > Hardware DMZ), then add an entry for each of your public IP addresses.

In this case, you will need to statically address your public hosts.

I think that this should be sufficient for your requirements.

If you need further details on this or other features, please refer to the SRP500 Admin Guide.

Regards,

Andy

Andrew

The WLAN is working, however I can not assign the static IP block anywhere. 76.72.92.160/29 no place will let me put the /29 in. I tried you suggestions and nothing seems to work. I have to be able to see a static IP from anywhere on the net. I have a peice of equipment that I am going to address 76.72.92.161 when I leave this site and go back to my office I need to be able to reach that address, also 76.72.92.162. My email is smwright6@assembletronics.com. If you want email me and we can setup a voice communication. Or give me a number to call tech support.

Steve