cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting Up IPv6 For Internal Network on the RV180

mallardnathan
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the RV180 supports IPv6. I chatted with my ISP, and they currently don't support IPv6 yet. However, I was wondering if there are any "benefits" to setting up IPv6 solely on the Internal Network, or would it only complicate things? Should I continue to run in IPv4 only mode until my ISP fully supports IPv6, or should I do anything with IPv6 at the internal network level?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

mallardnathan
Level 1
Level 1

I also created a Service Request Regarding this, and Rick responded. Here's his answer:

“Personally I would just wait until your ISP is supporting IPV6. I would imagine that it could complicate or could cause some problems in your internal network if you were to go ahead.  I would continue to run in the normal IPV4 mode until the time comes that your ISP is ready to support fully the IPV6. You are correct that the RV180 does support the IPV6. There are some ISP’s out there that are now supporting IPV6.”

That pretty much answers my question. I'll just wait for my ISP to fully support IPv6.

I'm not sure how to mark this answered, so if a Cisco admin wants to do so, that'd be great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: