Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Setting up RDP for workstation behind RV042G router

I need to set up Remote Desktop access to my office workstation that is behind a Cisco RV042G router from my home computer. I understand that this entails using Port Forwarding, but I am not clear as to the settings in the Forwarding screen (and whether there are any other settings I need to make.

My workstation has a fixed IP address of 192.168.1.190. I would like to be able to use the address ipaddress:12345 from my home system to access the office workstation. If I understand correctly, that means that I need to forward port 12345 to port 3389. If this is correct, how do I set up the Forwarding parameters? If incorrect, please let me know where my understanding is wrong.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Yes that's what you need to

Yes that's what you need to do an you also need to let your pc allow rdp access , don't have a rv042 but have access to rv100 I presume there GUIs are nearly the same , should be in the section port forwarding like screenshot attached

The screen for the RV042 is

The screen for the RV042 is very different from what you sent; I have attached it Can someone with RV042 knowledge check my screenshot and tell me what I am doing wrong, or if there are any settings on other screens that I am not aware of? Thanks in advance.

VIP Purple

That looks good to me.

That looks good to me.

VIP Purple

Yes looks good for using

Yes looks good for using standard RDP port have you setup the pc side and tried to remote desktop to your external ip it should then forward it to your pc ?

You have to use only the Upnp

You have to use only the Upnp Section :

Create your rule (You can specify here the internal port eg:3389

Don't enable Upnp

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content