cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up static routing in sa520. Im stuck.

Sindrers1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I finally got my cisco router and all excited about it i tried to set it up. Everything went fine until i wanted a local machine to get its own IP adress that is reachable from the outside.

Basicly i used static IP setting in the wan/ip4v menu. This worked great and with the router assigning dhcp too all computers.

Now all the local computers has internet connection and they share one ip adress on the outside.

As for where im stuck. I have a xserve with 2 networkcards. It runs a FTP server which we use local but we also have customers needing to reach it from the outside. The local FTP works but im having difficulties assigning a outside IP too it. Our ISP has provided 5 different ipadresses.

I have tried to do this in 2 different ways where the second way is preferable.

first try:

Use the optional port as a second wan. give it the same settings as the first wan got but another ip-adress.

Then connect the xserves outside network card directly too that wan port and use dhcp. This did not work.

second try:

Assign a static routing from the wan2(optional port) too the local ipadress for the xserve.

Can someone elaborate on how this should be done?

Thank you.

Edit:

Later today i will try this firewall rule.

http://bildr.no/view/580301

Basicly i want to forward any connections from wan2 too 192.168.1.33 which is my server. Does that look correct?

2 Replies 2

jamccord
Level 1
Level 1

Please tell us the firmware version that is on your SA520.  1.1.21 is current.

Thanks,

jason

Thank you for your quick reply.

Im using version 1.1.21.

Im actully quite sure that its a user problem rather then firmware error. It´s the first time i evern touch a Cisco router and i havn´t done that much networking.

I can show you how i did it on my xserve. Maybe you can elaborate on how i can do it the same way.

redirect_port

proto
            tcp
            targetIP
            targetPortRange
            aliasIP
            77.40.XXX.220
            aliasPortRange

Basicly it says push whatever trafic from ip 77.40.xxx.220 too 192.168.1.50 on the local network.

How can i do the same thing on my cisco router? It´s a NAT ip-forward rule.

Edit:

Screenshot shows what i have been trying.

I have chosen optional wan which is set to use another external IP adress but this does not work. It would be so much easier if i could just type in the external IP adress there and use the same gateway, dns as the main WAN.

Added config aswell.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: