cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

slow slow RV320

rtmsllc01
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried two versions of the firmware (the latest download and the shipping configuration) on two different RV320's and neither will allow traffic to pass after resolving the DNS address of external web sites...note the pic below and the WAN1 (Connected but inactive) indication....which even comes back after a DHCP release and renew. After the first DNS look up, the connection goes inactive.  None of the advanced features of the router are enabled and the problem exists whether or not the firewall functions are enabled or disabled.  Very disappointing to say the least.

Any ideas?

thanks

Rob

cisco config.png

7 Replies 7

Michiel Beenen
Level 3
Level 3

I dont have those problems at all so this must really be a setting somewhere.

The connection behind your WAN is a normal Gateway/Router or?

Zhaoqiang Wang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert

Please upgrade to the latest firmwar v1.1.0.09 on CCO and initiate a reset to default after upgrade. There is a "WAN Inactive" issue in last firmware, which only happens for some ISP. Please try the latest firmware and let us know if it works. Thanks.

I'm experiencing the same issue and have upgraded to v1.1.0.09

WAN1 is connected to a Cisco DPC3825 cable modem. ISP is Rogers.

I have a support ticket in. Fingers crossed this gets resolved.

Hi Chris

May I know your WAN1 connection type? PPPoE or DHCP?

Is it always inactive even after reboot or inactive after running several days?

Would you post your system summary page? Especially port activity part and IPv4 address part. Thanks.

WAN1 = DHCP

It only becomes inactive when the system is rebooted. 75% of reboots results in the WAN1 saying Connected (Inactive). 25% of reboots, the system functions normally.

HI Chris, could you post the same page when the wan1 inactive? This behavior (25% percentage normal) looks weird.

@Zhaoquiang PM Sent.

Still seeing this issue. I've had a case open with a level two  engineer for a week now, and am running alpha firmware withough luck.

The only way I can get the WAN1 connection to go active is to reboot the cable modem first, and then  the RV320.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: