Views
Helpful
Replies

Small Business Routers with VLAN to WAN support

tacogs001
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I am in need of a small business router that has support to use VLAN over the WAN port as the service provider for IPTV and Internet are both sent over their network tagged as VLAN 34 (IPTV) and VLAN 35 (internet). This also needs to be a Gigabit router as the service provided is FibreOp and is greater than 100mpbs in the service alone. 

I have looked at routers like the RV320 but the Membership table does not allow WAN selection.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank You

4 Replies 4

Youssef Talibi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

take a look for RV315.

BR

Hello,

I looked into the RV315 and what came back was so few pieces of information. I read it had inter-vlan features but I cannot find any firmware information to show this feature.

Thanks,

Good Day,

This router only has a WAN that is Gigabit which doesn't work if the 8 other ports are 10/100.

Thank You,

This is completely wrong!  All Ethernet ports are backward compatible.  Hence why you CAN connect a 10Mb connection to a gigabit port with no problems.  It also works the other way around.

But to answer the main question, I don't think there is any router in the rv series that can take in tagged vlan packets on the wan side.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com