Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Small Business RV082 10/100 8-Port VPN Router ( LAN Reachability problem )

Dear Cisco team,

kindly be noted that I am facing a problem in my ( RV082 10/100 8-Port VPN Router ) , everyday not in a certain time I lost connection to the router LAN gateway ( 192.168.1.1 ) there for I lost connecting to the internet , as I solve the problem by restarting the router hard power ( unplugging and re-plugging it again ).

Thank you

2 REPLIES

Hi

Hi

The RV082 direct connected to the ISP ?

In that case get a cheap modem.

Scheduled time-out ?? 

Br. Hendrik

Cisco Employee

There are many reasons why

There are many reasons why this could happen from  a Faulty Device to an External Factor like an attacked received from outside like a SYN Flood attack to the WAN which locks up the box or it could also be stress/workload related. 

Perform these steps:

- Factory Reset the unit

- Upgrade to the latest firmware or reflash the image if already running  the latest one

- Perform a pcap on the WAN and analyze the traffic to verify any unusual activity then perform the respective security actions (Firewall)

- Enable full debugging and set up a syslog to see what events show up before this and monitor CPU and performance

- If after all the above steps you still have no luck then get your device rma'd 

Hope it helps

- Gerald 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content