Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Small business RV220W

We have a small hotel and want to provide internet access to the guest, we have the RV220W Router.  Where can i learn how to setup the security login for only the guest that are inhouse.  I am not sure where to start.  Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Bronze

Small business RV220W

Dear Darryl,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

What I suggest you is to create an Access Point profile, named "Guest" for example, where your hotel guests and visitors can go online wirelessly.  Please check on page 66, chapter 3 on the admin guide for details;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv220w/administration/guide/rv220w_admin_v1.0.1.0.pdf

For wired clients you would have to authenticate remotely through a RADIUS server for example, where a dedicated server would perform the users authentication.

I hope you find this information useful and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Small business RV220W

Dear Darryl,

I believe you can setup multiple APs on the router and have a "guest" account for free users. For your setup the following two links will help you:

User Accounts Configuration on RV220W and RV120W

Configuration and Setup of each VLAN with its own SSID on RV220W and RV120W

Thank you.

Kurush Tavadia

Views
Helpful
Replies