Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 - Incoming calls issue after a couple of hours

nicolaslemay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I am able to receive & make calls with my new SPA3102 router but the incoming calls stop working after a couple of hours.

My setup is:

Internet provider -> Modem -> Router WL-520GU -> SPA3102

I set up a static Ip address for the SPA3102 router & configured port forward 5060 & 5061 from my WL-520GU to the SPA3102.

I set up NAT Mapping Enable: yes, NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes  in the PSTN Line & Line 1 section.

I set up Register Expires: 3600 in the Proxy & registration section.

I updated SPA3102 Firmware

It seems that the SPA3102 will lose registration from my WL-520GU router after a couple of hours. I simply reboot the SPA3102 and the incoming calls work again.

Also, I tried the following set up: Internet provider -> Modem -> SPA3102 -> Router WL-520GU. I thought it might solve my problem but when I connect my WL-520GU router into the ethernet port of the SPA3102 router, it splits in half my internet connection. I got a 20mbits connections and drop to 9mbits when I connect trough the ethernet port of the SPA3102. I haven't tested if it solves the incoming calls problem yet.

*UPDATE*: I set up the register expires to '300' and it seems to be working now. I keep my fingers crossed.

Any idea please?

Thanks

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: